I want to use this space to share things that will hopefully bring; hope, gratitude and joy, during this uncertain time. Whilst the news is scary and some days are more challenging than others, I have also never felt so grateful than right now for the simple things in life: books, the internet, my morning cup of coffee, a cupboard full of ingredients, fresh air and the morning sun.
So today, I wanted to share this glorious chocolate mousse recipe that I hope can bring a little joy to you and, if you’re lucky enough to be in isolation with them, then your loved ones too.
Mousse au Chocolat (Serves 4)
8 Egg whites (large eggs)
40g Caster Sugar
- Melt in bowl butter and chocolate
- Beat lemon juice and egg whites until soft peaks form
- Add sugar then beat until firm peaks form
- Add egg whites to melted chocolate gradually (one third at a time) but quickly and until thick and well combined
- Place into containers and put in fridge for 3 hours