Happy Pancake Day!
Today I’m sharing my ultimate savoury crepe feast.
Whilst I love a traditional buckwheat galette, using a sweet crepe with savoury ingredients is such a treat. The combination of sweet and savoury and the picking of all the fillings gives me so much joy.
We like to put on a good spread of meats, delicious cheeses, salad, pickles and our key staples; mustard and mayo.
On this occasion we laid out the following:
- Salad (lambs lettuce, avocado, tomatoes)
- Charcuterie (French saucisson, Italian prosciutto, British ham)
- Cheeses (Abondance and Tomme de Savoie – both brought home from our recent visit to Haute-Savoie)
- Cornichons and olives
- Sauces (mayo and mustard)
For the crepe mix:
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 ¼ Cup milk
- Third Cup sugar
- Butter for pan
- Whisk ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub a little butter to heated pan
- Pour ladle size portion of mix to back and swirl mix to form round crepe.
- When crepe begins to bubble on top and lift from the pan, flip and cook other side until each side is golden
Don’t forget to save a couple for dessert and serve with fresh lemon and sugar, Nutella or whatever else your sweet tooth desires.
Happy crepe making!